2022 Holiday Insurance
Plan a carefree holiday! The option to rebook, or a voucher if your holiday is unable to go ahead due to COVID restrictions.
The Holiday Insurance applies if on the scheduled day of arrival:
- there are travel restrictions in place in Zeeland or your country of residence,
- you booked through Welcome in Zeeland and opted for the 2021 Holiday Warranty,
- you inform us up to 48 hours before your arrival that you wish to claim the warranty.
We will offer you:
- The option to rebook or a voucher in case of travel restrictions.
More about the holiday guarantee ⬇
Would you like to find out more about the conditions and possibilities of our holiday guarantee? Read more here.
If there are travel restrictions on the scheduled day of arrival, you can either rebook or receive a voucher. This only applies if the travel restrictions are in effect in Zeeland or your country of residence.
You can rebook or request a voucher free of charge as soon as any travel restrictions are announced to go into effect during your stay. You must rebook your stay or use your voucher within one year of your scheduled arrival date. For example:
- if you were booked to arrive on 24 January 2022, you could rebook your stay to any date within the next year, with the ultimate arrival date being 23 January 2023.
- if you were booked to arrive on 5 May 2022, your voucher is valid for one year, with the ultimate arrival date being 4 May 2023.
We use the following information channels to check for any travel restrictions:
- The Netherlands: The central government & Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Germany: Auswärtiges Amt & Die Landesregierung Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Belgium: Federal Public Service Health Service, Federal Food Safety Agency and Environment Brussels & the Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs
You can see whether the 2022 Holiday Insurance is included in your booking when you book your holiday and on your receipt.
If you booked through a third party, your booking is subject to the terms and conditions of the organisation with which you book. If you have booked a holiday home from our database using a different booking platform or tour operator, for example, Booking.com or TUI, the terms and conditions of that organisation apply. The 2022 Holiday Insurance is only valid if you booked through Welcome in.
If Welcome in Zeeland feels there are no restrictions in place that would require a cancellation, but you want to cancel anyway, then our normal cancellation policy applies—cancellations are free of charge within 24 hours,
after which charges apply.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you wish to make use of the Holiday Insurance. You can call us or send us an email. Please contact us at least 48 hours prior to your date of arrival.
Rebooking or requesting a voucher is immediately possible if the travel restrictions are clearly in place on the date of arrival.
If you or one of your travel companions has tested positive for COVID-19 and you are therefore unable to travel, our standard cancellation policy applies. The Holiday Insurance is only for trips that are cancelled due to government measures and travel restrictions.
We recommend that you take out cancellation insurance in advance. Pay close attention to the terms and conditions. In the event of cancellation due to COVID-19 contamination, the cancellation insurance may refund the costs of your holiday.